The Absolutely Best Bread That Human Lips Ever Tasted
Ingredients: Two(2) packets of Red Star Quick Rise Yeast
2 1/2 cups of water(distilled water preferred)
1/4 cup of honey
5 1/2 cups of fresh ground whole wheat flour(store bought will work)
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Mix the water, honey and lemon juice together and warm in the microwave to 130 degrees.
Place 1 cup of whole wheat flour in your mixing bowl and add the two packs of yeast.
Stir the dry flour and yeast with a spoon until thoroughly mixed.
Pour in the 2 1/2 cups of water, honey and lemon and mix with a spoon.
Let this sit for 15 - 20 minutes until the yeast is activated as indicated by many
bubbles on top of the mixture.
Add one cup of flour at a time until all the flour is mixed.
Let bread knead for 8 minutes.
You may need to add a little extra flour. The dough will turn loose from the sides
of the mixing bowl when you have enough flour.
Pour some extra virgin olive oil in a saucer so you can oil your hands.
I use two aluminum baking pans size 17"x12 1/2".
I set the oven at 400 degrees and warm the pans.
I set the warm pans on top of the stove for the bread to rise.
With olive oil on my hands I remove a piece of dough and roll it into a round ball
a little larger than a golf ball and place on the baking pan.
I put twelve rolls on one pan, cover with a kitchen towel and let rise 45 minutes to
one hour. This recipe makes about 17 rolls each time.
They look pretty much like a store bought hamburger bun when baked.
I bake them for 14 minutes at 400 degrees.
I bake in an electric stove and ovens will vary somewhat.
I grind my wheat just prior to making bread.
I use a kitchen aid mixer and use the standard bread hook.
Remove from the oven to a cooling rack.
Ben says they are best when toasted very crisp in a toaster oven.
They are great for sandwiches or just plain.
Store very well in a ziploc bag on your counter for about three days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment