6 Cups water(distilled water preferred)
1 1/2 cups of dry pinto beans
3 shakes of powdered ginger
Salt to taste or if you prefer try using just a jig of Braggs Liquid Amino(Soy Sauce) available at health food stores.
I measure out 1 1/2 cups of dry pinto beans on my kitchen counter. I carefully sort the beans and remove any small stones and broken or bad beans.
I rinse the beans in a colander and place them in a bowl with about 4 cups of water and let them soak about twelve hours. I usually soak them from 6:00pm until about 6:00am. I rinse them again in the morning and place them in a 6 quart stainless steel pressure cooker and add the 6 cups of water and the 3 shakes of powdered ginger. I place the lid on the pot and allow them to soak for another 3 to 4 hours. I cook on a ceramic smooth top stove. At about 10:30am I turn the heat on medium and let the pressure rise until the jigler begins a slow steady rock. I set the timer and allow it to cook for about 45 minutes. I turn off the heat and allow the pressure to drop and it is ready to eat.
We usually eat our beans with coleslaw and corn bread. Pinto Beans are low in calorie and very high in fiber. This recipe will give you six cups of cooked beans. They are only 60 calories per cup and have 14 grams of fiber. A perfect food for diabetics and weight loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment